PLUG Devel Meetings

der.hans plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun Apr 15 21:51:02 2001

Am 16. Apr, 2001 schwäzte Rusty Carruth so:

> I went one day and tried to figure out, from the dictionary, what
> bi-monthly meant.
>
> What I discovered was:
>
> It EITHER means once every other month, or it means twice a month!

Actuall >>Bi-monthly<< is a magazine I once saw at some Snottsdale
high-brow bookstore. You can probably figure out what the "Bi" stood for
:).

> So I'm driven to ask:
>
> Which do we mean here?

Bi-monthly is properly every other month, just as bi-annual is every other
year. Semimonthly, twice a month or bi-weekly[1] are more appropriate to
something that happens twice a month.

This is all apart from the topic of figuring out where and when we'll meet
:). Suggestions anyone? Lucas and I have volunteered our living rooms, but
we probably want someplace roomier.

ciao,

der.hans

[1] Yeah, I know, it's a bakers dozen, but close enough :).

--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.YourCompanyHere.net ;-)
#  C'est la Net - der.hans