scripting to null

der.hans PLUG@LuftHans.com
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:00:34 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 sinck@corp.quepasa.com wrote:

> I'd vote for needing a quote in there (presuming it isn't broken
> across lines as mailed).
>
> Try:
>
> UPDATECMD="$APT_GET -o Dir::Etc::sourcelist=$SOURCESFILE update \>/dev/null"

Nope, that didn't fix it either. That gets it to read '>/dev/null' as a
file name :).

./auto_update: >/dev/null: No such file or directory

I've got it working the other way, would just like to know what's illegal
about putting the whole thing in a var. It probably works for an eval :).

> and see if that works.
>
> Or mebbe try the other quote.
>
> YMMV depending no shell, quoting, and the results of xphoon.

What's xphoon?

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  der.hans@LuftHans.com   home.pages.de/~lufthans/   www.OpNIX.com
#  You can't handle the source! - der.hans