MEETING: PLUG Addition Presentation added for This Thurs (2/12)

PLUG Announcements plug-announce at lists.phxlinux.org
Wed Feb 11 09:30:08 MST 2015

I just got verification of the second presentation for this Thursday's
meeting.

Presenter: Spencer Alger

Spencer Alger is a software engineer at Elasticsearch. He primarily
works on Kibana as well as supporting the JavaScript client library at
Elasticsearch.

Topic: The Contributor's Guide to the Kibana Galaxy

Exploring the expanses of the Kibana galaxy alone can be daunting, but
join us to discover the answer to the greatest question-- how does it
all work? We will venture into the belly of the beast to discover what
Kibana is, how Kibana works, and how you can modify and extend it.

As a special event this month we will be showing "The Internet's Own
Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz" at 5pm before the regular meeting.

The other presenter for Thursday will be:

Speaker: Kevin Bowling

Abstract: Limelight is using Salt Stack to perform Configuration
Management at high scale. This talk will go over why this was the best
choice for us, best practices we've discovered along the way, an
overview of our workflow, including developer's lifecycle, image
management, git integration, and reporting.

Bio: Kevin is a systems developer at Limelight Networks and has
experience with a wide range of UNIX implementations.  Current interests
include OS build and release engineering for large scale clusters like
Limelight's FreeBSD footprint.

The meeting portion of PLUG will happen at 7pm at The Desert Breeze
Substation.  Remember if you want to see the movie, it is being shown
before the regular meeting so you need to arrive at 5pm.

Desert Breeze Substation
251 North Desert Breeze Blvd
Chandler, AZ 85226

The Desert Breeze Substation is on Chandler Blvd and Desert Breeze Blvd,
which is half way between McClintock and Rural.  It is very close
to both the south 202 and 101 freeways.  Public transportation is
available into the late hours.

See http://phxlinux.org/meetings/14-east-valley-meeting.html for a map
and other info.

See you there,