2 more presentations added to this month PLUG meeting

PLUG Announcements plug-announce at lists.phxlinux.org
Wed Apr 9 14:20:48 MST 2014

The currently lineup is:

Austin Godber will be doing a demonstration of how he uses IPython for
data analysis tasks.

IPython has multiple components.  First it provides an advanced command
line python REPL replacement.  IPython also has a useful web based
notebook interface that is well suited for interactive data analysis and
visualization.  Both of these features will be addressed with focus
being on the web notebook component.

Bio:
Austin Godber (@godber) is a developer and system administrator at
Arizona State University and works on the camera team for NASA's MER and
MSL Mars rovers.  He has been using Linux for nearly 20 years and
programmed in Python, Ruby, IDL, and C.

Brian Cluff will demonstrate damaged photo restoration using the gimp.
He will show off several techniques and tools to repair damage, and how
to get the best results.

Jerry Snitselaar will give us "Highlights of the 2014 Linux
Collaboration Summit"

A quick overview of some of the things discussed at this year's Linux
Collorabtion Summit held in March in Napa, CA.

Jerry Snitselaar - Senior Member of Technical Staff in Oracle's Linux
and Virtualization Group working on the Linux Kernel. Originally from
Iowa, but I have been in the valley since going to work for Lucent in 2000.

The meeting will be held this Thursday Starting at 7:00pm at the Desert
Breeze substation.  For address or further details please see:
http://phxlinux.org/meetings/14-east-valley-meeting.html

This looks like it will be a great meeting this month, I Hope to see you
there,
Brian Cluff