PLUG meeting on Thurs (01/10) at MCC

PLUG Announcements plug-announce at lists.phxlinux.org
Mon Jan 7 12:50:22 MST 2013

This month Der.hans will be talking about etckeeper.

 From the package description:
"The etckeeper program is a tool to let /etc be stored in a git,
mercurial, bzr or darcs repository. It hooks into APT to automatically
commit changes made to /etc during package upgrades. It tracks file
metadata that version control systems do not normally support, but that
is important for /etc, such as the permissions of /etc/shadow. It's
quite modular and configurable, while also being simple to use if you
understand the basics of working with version control."

Folowing that we will have an audience participation presentation where
anyone can come up and talk about their favorite plugin(s) for
Firefox/Chrome or Thunderbird as well as their favorite Android apps.

Due to a very busy week, I will not be doing a multimedia presentation
this month, unless I get some free time and manage to put something
together, then it will be a surprise.

See you there,
Brian Cluff