Server Installfest Sat 3/4

PLUG Announcements plug-announce at lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed Feb 29 20:51:01 MST 2012

Where: University of Advancing Technology: 2625 W Baseline,Tempe, AZ
85283(South side of Baseline Road west of I-10, just east of 48th street).
We are in room 208.
RSVP:  InstallFest at PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Who: Anyone who wants to build their own VMware Server, suitable for home
or SMB use.
What: We build a VMware server, with VM guests for IPCop (network
services), QMail-Toaster (Email and LAMP services), and NFS/Samba/Netatalk
(file services). VM guests can built for whatever you like.
What to Bring:- Your server, with keyboard, monitor and mouse if ssh access
isn't set up yet, along with a 2nd computer for accessing the server via a
network connection.
This is an ongoing workshop. We hope to develop documentation and formal
instructions as time goes on.

3/4/2012 Agenda

1) Editing Tagcose wiki
2) Draft Outline of wiki content, in wiki TOC
3) Begin documenting host build process
4) Test usb->vga adapter with UEFI, linux
5) Setting up UDAT machine (as time allows)

Note, we'll be working on BigBlueButton for AbleConf at some point in the
afternoon.

--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, always use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy) and not To: or
CC:. Also remove all of the addresses from the message body before
forwarding the message. These simple measures prevent spy programs from
capturing the addresses shown in the recipient list and the message body.