EAST side plug meeting tonight at MCC

PLUG Announcements plug-announce at lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu Nov 10 14:34:36 MST 2011

TOPIC: What's new in Ubuntu

ABSTRACT
Ubuntu has been the most popular Desktop Linux download on the planet
for 6 years.  They produce a new release every 6 months.  The latest was
Ubuntu 11.10 (meaning 2011 and in the 10th month).  This release saw
some major content changes as well as significant progress on their new
Unity GUI.  This talk will describe many of those changes.

BIO
Larry Thiel started playing with computers in 1964.  Studying them in
college in those days earned one a minor in Mathematics but there were
no degree programs relating to computers and nothing was even called
Computer Science.  He went on to works in programming with small
companies and ended up managing a C/C++ hosted on HP servers in 14
states which ran 24/7 with maximum allowed downtimes of less than 15
minutes per server.

I (Brian) will also continue my mini presentations on various multimedia
software.
Tonights edition will be on GIMP using layers and wavelet decompose to
do various operations to an image.

For further info and directions see:
http://plug.phoenix.az.us/meetings/34-east-valley-meeting.html

See you there,