PLUG east side mtg tonight: virtual worlds and Blender

PLUG Announcements plug-announce at lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu Jul 14 02:40:44 MST 2011

The PLUG east side meeting is the 2nd Thursday every month.

July's meeting is tonight and will have two presentations.

Time: 19:00
Location: Kiva room in the Kirk Student Center
Address: Mesa Community College (MCC), 1833 W. Southern Ave., Mesa, AZ 85202

Presenter: Connie J Mableson
Topic: Open Source programs for virtual worlds
Bio: Connie J. Mableson is the Managing Director of Mableson Law Group
(Connie J. Mableson, PLLC), in Phoenix, Arizona.  In practice for 28
years, she focuses on six practice areas, Intellectual Property, Arts
& Entertainment Law, Corporations & Limited Liability Companies, Games
and Virtual Worlds, and Estate Planning and Probate Litigation involving
Intellectual Property and Digital Assets.  She has been recognized as the
“Best of the Bar,” - Top 10 IP Attorneys in Arizona (2005) by the
Phoenix Business Journal, and the Top Boutique Firm for IP (2007) by the
Phoenix Business Journal.

Ms. Mableson is also known for her international work with Virtual
Worlds such as Second Life and other MMO’s.  She made history as
the first attorney to open a law practice in a virtual world when she
launched her Intellectual Property Resource Center in Second Life in
2005.  She also made Internet history when she represented the very first
business to commercialize the Internet, “Cybersell” (aka “Cantor &
Siegel”).  In Spring 2010, Connie taught the first class of its kind at
Arizona State University’s Sandra Day O’Connor School of Law called
“Governance of Virtual Worlds.”  Her first book about copyright and
virtual worlds running open source platforms, “DMCA Handbook for Virtual
World Owners,” will be published this summer.

Ms. Mableson is a graduate of the University of Denver (with Honors) and
the Gonzaga University School of Law (cum laude), where she participated
on the moot court team and served as Editor of the Canadian-American Law
Journal.

She is an avid sci/fi fan and gamer.  www.mablesonlaw.com.

Presenter: Phillip Waclawski
Topic: Blender

http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/calendar/icalrepeat.detail/2011/07/14/11/-/plug-east-meeting.html

The Free Software Stammtisch will be the following Tuesday starting at 19:00.

There will be an ABLEconf meeting after the Stammtisch starting at 21:00.

Both take place at Iguana Macks.

http://www.LuftHans.com/Free_Software_Stammtisch#East_Valley

http://identi.ca/group/flossstammtisch

http://identi.ca/group/ableconf

Iguana Macks, 1371 N. Alma School Rd, Chandler, AZ 85224

http://www.iguanamacks.com/

Please come and join us for some good conversation over good food and
drinks, which are both optional. Friends and family are all welcome.

The private room where we meet has power and high speed wireless Internet,
so if you have any problems, feel free to bring in your machine and we'll
see what we can do to help you fix your problem. We even have facilities
there to do a formal presentation, so if you have a projector and want to
show everyone something exciting ( or play games on a projector ), we can
handle that as well.

If you don't find parking in the front of Iguana Macks, there is plenty
more behind the building.

The Arizona Business and Liberty Experience ( ABLEconf ) is a
business-oriented Free Software conference organized by a coalition of
many Arizona Free Software groups.