PLUG east side mtg tonight: MySQL backups and Xournal

PLUG Announcements plug-announce at lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu Aug 11 13:18:03 MST 2011

The PLUG east side meeting is the 2nd Thursday every month.

August's meeting is tonight and will have two presentations.

Time: 19:00
Location: Kiva room in the Kirk Student Center
Address: Mesa Community College (MCC), 1833 W. Southern Ave., Mesa, AZ 85202

Presenter: der.hans
Topic: MySQL backups using Percona XtraBackup - recovering through crashing

Abstract: Replace mysqldump with XtraBackup to get hot backups and
faster recoveries for MySQL and MySQL-related databases such as Percona         Server, MariaDB and Drizzle.

Bio: der.hans is the founder of ABLEconf. He's also chairman of the
Phoenix Linux Users Group, founder of the Free Software Stammtisch, lead
for SCaLE 10x BoFs, strategic advisor to TEDxPhoenix and an adjunct
faculty at Mesa Community College.

Presenter: der.hans
Topic: Undeading Trees - using Xournal to draw and write on PDF documents

Abstract: Xournal edits existing PDFs allowing one to fill in static
PDF forms without needing to print them out. It also has drawing
mechanisms similar to a simplified GIMP for easy note-taking that requires
illustrating.

Bio: der.hans is the founder of ABLEconf. He's also chairman of the
Phoenix Linux Users Group, founder of the Free Software Stammtisch, lead
for SCaLE 10x BoFs, strategic advisor to TEDxPhoenix and an adjunct
faculty at Mesa Community College.

http://PLUG.phoenix.az.us/calendar/icalrepeat.detail/2011/08/11/12/-/plug-east-meeting.html

The Free Software Stammtisch will be the following Tuesday starting at 19:00.

There will be an ABLEconf meeting before the Stammtisch starting at 18:00.

Both take place at Iguana Macks.

http://www.LuftHans.com/Free_Software_Stammtisch#East_Valley

http://identi.ca/group/flossstammtisch

http://identi.ca/group/ableconf

Iguana Macks, 1371 N. Alma School Rd, Chandler, AZ 85224

http://www.iguanamacks.com/

Please come and join us for some good conversation over good food and
drinks, which are both optional. Friends and family are all welcome.

The private room where we meet has power and high speed wireless Internet,
so if you have any problems, feel free to bring in your machine and we'll
see what we can do to help you fix your problem. We even have facilities
there to do a formal presentation, so if you have a projector and want to
show everyone something exciting ( or play games on a projector ), we can
handle that as well.

If you don't find parking in the front of Iguana Macks, there is plenty
more behind the building.

The Arizona Business and Liberty Experience ( ABLEconf ) is a
business-oriented Free Software conference organized by a coalition of
many Arizona Free Software groups.