[PLUG-announce]Presentation on Migrating Business Desktops to Linux (fwd)

plug-announce@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-announce@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 23 May 2002 11:09:16 -0700 (MST)

moin, moin,

here's a summary for next Tuesday's westside meeting at GCC.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  kill telnet, long live ssh - der.hans

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 10:26:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: Matt Alexander <m@netpro.to>
To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Subject: Presentation on Migrating Business Desktops to Linux

Be sure to attend the next PLUG meeting at GCC next Tuesday!  :-)
I'll be giving a presentation on "Migrating Business Desktops to Linux."
I've had some success at my business at migrating users to Linux and I'll
discuss how I approached it from three main areas:
1) Business justification (selling the idea to management)
2) Social/Psychological perspective (keeping users happy)
3) Technological implementation (the easy part)
If you've been thinking about how to introduce Linux into your business
environment or you're currently in the process, please come to the next
PLUG meeting to share your thoughts and to learn from my mistakes.
Hope to see you all there!
~Matt Alexander