[Plug-announce] April Newsletter

plug-announce-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-announce-admin@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 12:30:47 -0700

PLUG-INS

The Electronic Newsletter of the Phoenix Linux User Group

Volume 1
Issue 5
April, 2000

------------
Meeting Info
------------

The March meeting schedule is as follows:

The Thursday Meeting

When: April 13, 2000
Where: Scottsdale Boys & Girl Club
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Topic: Zope

The Saturday Meetings

Saturday, Februrary 26th, 2000 was the last meeting to be held in Inficad's
training room.  Inficad has decided to use the room for other purposes.  Ken
and Hans (and Joy) are working on getting a meeting started at Viking
Systems at I-17 & Dunlop.  Nothing is final yet, but they are working on
getting a workshop-type meeting scheduled for the third Thursdays of the
month.  Watch the mailing list to see what happens here.

Stammtisch

For all of you who don't read the Discuss list, you probably don't know
about the Stammtisch meetings.   A Stammtisch is a social get-together of
people with a common interest.  Obviously, this one is for Linux people.
There is one held on the third Tuesday of the month at Bandersnatch in
downtown Tempe.  Ken and Hans, again, are working to put another Stammtisch
together in the area of I-17 and Dunlop.

ASULUG

We are not the only Linux User Group in the Phoenix area.  ASU also has a
LUG.  They meet every third Wednesday on the ASU campus (Computing Commons
Auditorium).  Robert Crocombe is currently heading up ASULUG but they are
looking for someone to head up the group.  If you just can't get enough
Linux, there is info about their mailing list on the ASULUG website at
http://asulug.eas.asu.edu/.

------------------
Calendar of Events
------------------