Re: How to fix "no route to host" problem

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: joe, PLUG Phoenix List
Subject: Re: How to fix "no route to host" problem
If no route to host in a local subnet, the remote device isn't arping in
the local device cache, which is the most basic networking possible. Using
"ip neighbor" or old "arp -an" works to see this, but usually means your
remote host isn't getting on the network enough ro even layer 2 arp.

Can you ping it? If not, check cabling and such to its switch, or reboot
the device as it's networking is hozed. I'm thinking no ping, which means
one or the other isn't really online.

-mb