Re: rsync problem

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: rsync problem

On 2018-09-27 15:06, Bob Elzer wrote:
> what about running the rsync command [as] root?

Bob, the problem as shown in the parts of the message above marked with
>>> is that the automounter put the disk /dev/sdc1 on

"/media/bmike1/Seagate Expansion Drive1" instead of
"/media/bmike1/Seagate Expansion Drive". The OP was expecting the disk
to be on the mountpoint without the 1 at the end. Running the rsync
command as root would *work*, but it wouldn't do anything useful, since
the OP wanted to rsync a bunch of stuff to that external disk.

(Sometimes, I think people don't read the stuff I write... is it
horrible mail clients, spam filtering, short attention spans,
or--SQUIRREL!

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity