Re: To swap or not to swap ;-) (was RE: To lvm or not to lvm…

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: PLUG Phoenix List
Subject: Re: To swap or not to swap ;-) (was RE: To lvm or not to lvm)
So interestingly enough I was looking at my swap from this convo, and
surprisingly noticed that I'd never added any swap to this system! I built
the swap lvm slice, but never added it to the fstab, don't remember if
on-purpose or not. This system has 128gb of ram, so not that I notice
really, but might explain why I might see some weird lagging at times. I
usually blame (crap) compositing...

I suppose I've been using this pc for a couple years now without swap, so
it *is* doable (with a lot of ram), but I think I might enable it and see
if things are any better with than without swap.

-mb