Re: How to fix the print screen key

Author: Brian Cluff
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: How to fix the print screen key
That's a Custom Shortcuts that is setup in:
System Settings -> Shortcuts -> Custom Shortcuts -> Screenshots

They may just be turned off, if they are, just turn them back on.

If "screenshots" is missing all together just add it back in.

Click on Edit -> New -> Global Shortcut -> D-Bus Command
Name it "Start Screenshot Tool"
Then under the "Trigger" tab click on the "None" button and press the
print screen key to set key that will trigger the shortcut.
then click the "Action" tab and set the fields to:
Remote application: org.kde.Spectacle
Remote object: /
Funcation: StartAgent
Arguments: Leave this one blank

Then click apply and your print screen key should work again.

There are also 2 other defaults that exist normally, "Take Full Screen
Screenshot" and "Take Active Window Screenshot".
You can add them just like above with the following settings:
Take Full Screen Screenshot:
Trigger: Shift+Print

Action:
Remote application: org.kde.Spectacle