Re: SDR: was LHS Episode #233: Thunderbirds• AmateurRadio.co…

Author: Eric Oyen
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: SDR: was LHS Episode #233: Thunderbirds• AmateurRadio.com
I have 2 USB Dongles for SDR receive here. I have never been able to get them to work properly in windows (none of the windows coded SDR software programs are usable by the blind) and I have yet to try them on my Mac mini (only have 4 USB ports and 3 of them are already in use).

These devices are RTL-SDR types (cheap) and 1 will operate down to 100 Khz and up to 30 Mhz. The other will operate from 25 Mhz to approximately 5 Ghz (although it won’t be nearly so good above 3 Ghz).

Btw, if you want a couple of bands of interest below AM broadcast, try 472-478 Khz and 173 Khz. Both of those are recently opened allocations.

-Eric