Re: Cheap new Linux laptop advice?

+ (text/html)
Author: trent shipley
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Cheap new Linux laptop advice?
Unless you want to get a high end Chromebook they have minimal onboard
storage and are designed to be integrated into Google's cloud. As long as
he has internet access (say through a smart phone) he could use Google Docs
or MS Office online. My impression of the Chromebook's printing prowess is
that it is not well developed.

I bounce between thinking of my low end Chromebook as a cool computing
appliance that does about 80% of what I want to do, and feeling frustrated
with the Chromebook toy for not doing that other 20%, which is also mission
critical.