Re: 10,000 jobs could be lost to robots says Citi

Author: Eric Oyen
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: 10,000 jobs could be lost to robots says Citi
Ah yes, technical humor!

Anyway, here’s a different take on jobs, robots and the rest of us.

Robots are always going to need periodic updating, maintenance and upgrades. So, those of us who are technically competent will still end up with jobs, just in a different specialty. You will also have the hobbyist tinkerer (like me) who will be doing much of the work on his own machine simply because calling in a tech would be expensive.

So, what will the Robot of the future use for a primary OS? Also, until AI’s become good enough to write their own code to specifications, there will always be a need for software engineers.

Just my 2 cents worth (.2 cents when adjusted for inflation).

-Eric