Re: How to disable UEFI ??

+ (text/html)
Author: Eric Oyen
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: How to disable UEFI ??
I suspect that he would like to remove at least 1.5 layers of kernel code between the OS and the hardware.

Honestly, I really wish the UEFI consortium would get with the program and compile in some BrltTY support (it's easy enough to do considering that BrltTY is lightweight, can have it's libs compiled in and should work under the UEFI Linux-like environment.

Believe me, having braille or speech available right from the POST would greatly enhance my ability to deal with specific hardware issues that crop up from time to time.

-eric