Re: Having Problems with X11 Forwarding and root

+ (text/html)
Author: James Mcphee
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Having Problems with X11 Forwarding and root
If it's anything like my setup it'd be the
swordfish/unix:11 MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 00607ba4fc7c6a2ea9debc6ad5776376

so the xauth line run as root would be
xauth add . 00607ba4fc7c6a2ea9debc6ad5776376

afaik, there's no way to make it permanent since it's regenerated when you
ssh in. There's nothing to prevent you from setting up a simple shell
script in your profile to do some wonkiness, but you'd be passing that hash
around.

I'm making the assumption you're doing ssh forwarding and not popping the
old X listen ports.

James McPhee