Re: Having Problems with X11 Forwarding and root

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Phillips
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Having Problems with X11 Forwarding and root
Great!

I have this so far:

mark@swordfish:~$ echo $DISPLAY
swordfish:11.0
mark@swordfish:~$ xauth list
swordfish/unix:11 MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 00607ba4fc7c6a2ea9debc6ad5776376
swordfish/unix:10 MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 892fa0c2d392d8517dd525a7bcdc212b
swordfish.phillipsoasis.com:1 MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1
ce767df80405a8d280be4e258f06fed8
swordfish/unix:1 MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 ce767df80405a8d280be4e258f06fed8
swordfish.phillipsoasis.com:10 MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1
d635d049952882222e1b238f7a8d1fbd
swordfish.phillipsoasis.com:11 MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1
cdb5f42e697aed89f9ff934ae36df625

So, which magic cookie goes with $DISPLAY=swordfish:11.0?

Also, how do I make this permanent? Or, do I have to export the DISPLAY and
copy the magic cookie every time I su to root?

Mark