Job opening at Crexendo

Author: irb
To: PLUG Discuss list
Subject: Job opening at Crexendo
An acquaintence of mine has a job opening, looking for a Linux admin who can
come in, fix some things, automate all the other things, and get some
reporting on the state of things to management. The description is below.

Contact info for is below. I might be able to answer questions but I don't
work there so you're better off talking to Phil, below.

/i.
-----------------------

Position Title:                 Linux System Administrator
Department:                     150 IT
Reports to:                     Director of IT Operations

We are looking for a DevOps Engineer that is looking to join a company with a
proven product. Our company is a full-service cloud solutions provider that
delivers critical voice and data technology infrastructure services to the
start-up, SMB and small enterprise markets. We are comprised of
industry-leading engineering, sales, marketing and support professionals
that combine left-brain logic with right-brain creativity to design, build and
deliver world-class cloud services that drive business productivity.

What You Will Be Doing

*** Install, configure, and maintain physical and virtual servers.
*** Maintain custom, in-house applications.
*** Ensure the monitoring and uptime of the infrastructure.
*** Participate in the development and testing of internal tools and scripts.
*** Help automate repeatable tasks.
*** Architect high performance, scalable systems solutions.
*** Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
*** Collaborate with other teams to troubleshoot and resolve any production issues.

What You Need for this Position

Below are some of the technologies we use:

*** Configuration Management: Puppet, Chef, Consul, Jenkins
*** Systems Monitoring: Nagios, Logstash, Kibana, Grafana, CheckMK
*** Virtualization: Docker, AWS
*** Linux Administration: Ubuntu, CentOS, Redhat
*** Networking: DHCP, DNS, IPtables
*** MySQL Administration: Base MySQL
*** NoSQL Technologies: MongoDB, ElasticSearch
*** Load Balancing: Nginx, F5
*** Version Control: Git, GitHub, Vault
*** Scripting: Bash, Perl
*** Hardware Platforms: EMC, F5, Dell, Cisco

What's In It for You

1. Competitive Salary
2. Good Benefits
3. Innovative Company
4. Architecture / Mentorship
So, if you are a Devops Engineer - Build and Release with experience, please apply today!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S

Contact us at with any questions of your resume.