Re: Unrecognized Monitor

+ (text/html)
Author: Richard Wilson
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Unrecognized Monitor
Found my notes on how to turn off overscanning on a (Samsung) TV used as a
monitor -- the instructions I found weren't for my exact model, but I
figured it out:

I have a Samsung J5205 TV which would lose the edges of the window when a
window was maximized. Samsung Tech Support wasn't able to help me but I
found that this is a common issue with TV's due to overscanning -- it has
to be disabled for PC's. Once I found that, I searched on how to disable it
for this model TV and found an article on a similar TV at
http://www.storageforum.net/forum/showthread.php/8905-How-to-Disable-overscan-on-a-Samsung-quot-SMART-quot-tv-solved
to fix the issue: I had to press the source button on my remote, press the
tools button, then select "Edit Name" and select PC from the list.
this disabled the overscanning and solved my problem.