Re: KeePass2 versus KeePassX

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: KeePass2 versus KeePassX
I tried to use keepass for a while, but it was buggy, particularly the mono
vermin. I learned what mono was, and why to hate it. If you have more
than one monitor, you learn it's utterly stupid when it comes to
screen/context awareness in linux.

I used keepassx, for a while it was good. I had issues nfs mounting and
sharing the file, which I took to synchronizing a file as the only sane
approach, but I began to treat everything as a revision, which in itself
was problematic. After a while too many updates across disparate systems
became too much.

Then I went for lastpass years ago, but since citrix bought them, I have
issues with them as a company and their security. They suck as a company,
another "too big to fail" imho, and I anger the fact they bought the
company I like. I feel I need to divest.

I'm interested in a something that can be multi-master authoritative for
passwords, cloud-based makes sense as a travel, but otherwise presents
challenges for security, who is really authoritative, and other.

I lean toward standing up a cloud service, or at least storage to do it.
Something NOT commercial utterly goddamn preferable.

-mb