Re: OT: Burger King Trolled Customers to Perfectly Explain N…

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT: Burger King Trolled Customers to Perfectly Explain Net Neutrality
Am 24. Jan, 2018 schwätzte Eric Cope so:

moin moin Eric,

we're choosing between "I paid for Internet access" and "Only if we decide
you can have it."

Netflix gets a bad rap for using lots of bandwidth. That's crap.

Netflix uses zero bandwidth. Netflix customers use the bandwidth and they
are paying their ISPs to get it.

I'm paying for whole Internet access, not just "Only if we decide you can
have it" Internet access.

ciao,

der.hans

> I think this is a great example of why net nuetrality is so bad.
>
> We aren't choosing from "the fast lane for everybody" vs "the slow lane for
> everybody and the fast lane for those who pay".
> We are choosing between "the slow lane for everybody" vs "the slow lane for
> everybody and the fast lane for those who pay".
>
> The former is how you drive innovation. You let those who an afford the
> luxury buy it, and as it matures, its finds its way into regular consumer's
> hands.
>
> Let the flaming begin.
>
> Eric
>

> On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 12:04 PM, AZ Pete <> wrote:
>
>> Thought I'd share this with the group. If anyone has friends/relatives
>> that don't understand net neutrality have them watch this youTube video.
>>
>> I think it explains it perfectly for the layman.
>>
>> Peter

#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  Very frankly, I am opposed to people being programmed by others.
#    -- Fred Rogers, aka Mr. Rogers (1928-2003)