HTML5 as JS

Author: der.hans
To: quatsch
Subject: HTML5 as JS
moin moin,

I haven't paid much attention to HTML and CSS standards for many years.

As I understand it, HTML5 is script-like to lesson use of javascript.

Does that mean plain HTML ( no javascript ) is sufficient to exploit
browsers in light of #meltdown and #spectre ?

https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2018/01/03/mitigations-landing-new-class-timing-attack/

https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/Home/chromium-security/ssca

What about CSS?

ciao,