Re: Major Intel Memory Vulnerability

Author: der.hans
To: Matthew Crews, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Major Intel Memory Vulnerability
Am 03. Jan, 2018 schwätzte Matthew Crews so:

moin moin,

good writeup on memory management and how this is an issue from before the
bug details were released and a follow up article from the same guy about
the bugs.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/01/whats-behind-the-intel-design-flaw-forcing-numerous-patches/

If I were still teaching sysadmin that article would be required reading.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/01/meltdown-and-spectre-every-modern-processor-has-unfixable-security-flaws/

ciao,

der.hans

> I would be more concerned IF the next gen CPU has this fixed. All's I know is that if Intel wants to fix the very next gen, they will need to scrap a lot of silicon that has already been finished.
>
> Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com), Swiss-based encrypted email.

# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# An architect who does not believe in privacy may also lack faith
# in keeping out the rain" -- John M. Ford, Growing Up Weightless---------------------------------------------------