RE: Major Intel Memory Vulnerability

+ (text/html)
Author: Carruth, Rusty
To: Matthew Crews, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: RE: Major Intel Memory Vulnerability
If you read the article, it went undetected so long probably because it looks like you have to do 2 or 3 ‘illegal’ things in just the right order at just the right time. (‘illegal’ as in ‘not supposed to work’. I did find the second article very interesting – the one that explained rowhammer.)

I mean, how long did it take my friends at ASU lo these many years ago to put together 3 little bits of information to realize the large hole that was left? Oh, probably at least a year… So even with motivation and time AND all the information presented right there in front of you, it can take a while. THIS bug apparently involves doing stuff that isn’t really supposed to work.

(And Rowhammer is just SICK.)