RE: KeePass2 versus KeePassX

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: RE: KeePass2 versus KeePassX
Am 02. Jan, 2018 schwätzte Carruth, Rusty so:

moin moin Rusty,

the only time I've lost access to a KeePassX file was when I've forgotten
a passphrase. My passphrase memorization regime has since been improved
:).

I have not yet run into file corruption.

With KeePassX, moving to KeePass2.x requires importing KeePass1.x files
and saving them as KeePass2.x files. KeePassX will no longer write
KeePass1.x files. The documentation about the requirements was less than
ideal.

For a while I could choose between the old and new versions of KeePassX in
debian, but it might just be that I pinned the already installed old
version until I was ready to move.

I highly recommend KeePassX, see any of my many presentations on the
topic :).

ciao,

der.hans

--
# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# "Communications without intelligence is noise;