Re: KeePass2 versus KeePassX

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: KeePass2 versus KeePassX
Am 02. Jan, 2018 schwätzte Mark Phillips so:

moin moin Mark,

I've been using and recommending KeePassX for years.

KeePassX uses the KeePass data format. KeePass2.x support was added
recently ( I think one or two years ago, but don't remember exactly ).

I don't use any of the plugins. I have considered a couple, but decided
against them.

I haven't ever used the windows version, so can't personally speak to
compatability with that.

I have created and shared KeePassX files with co-workers who were using
macs and maybe some with windows. I haven't ever gotten complaints about
the files not working. That was all with KeePass1.x files.

I do use some files with both KeePassX and KeePassDroid. That has been
with both KeePass1.x and KeePass2.x files.

I also ocassionally use kpcli and one of the Perl libraries.

ciao,

der.hans

--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  "To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks."