Re: Is it safe to dd two drives, if you want to simply trans…

+ (text/html)
Author: Eric Oyen
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Is it safe to dd two drives, if you want to simply transfer data?
well, you might need to set block size to make the transfer optimal. Also, dd the entire drive to an image on the destination drive (assuming the destination is larger). this will preserve the partition table and filesystem attributes.

-eric
from the central offices of the Technomage Guild, Drive Mechanics Dept.