Hello Phoenix Linux Users Group! What Goes On at Installfest…

+ (text/html)
Author: Andrew McRobb
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Hello Phoenix Linux Users Group! What Goes On at Installfest?
Hello everyone,

I'm completely new to meetups, and thought this would be the best way to
say hello in this sort of community. I'm interested in going to the
upcoming Installfest (not 100% sure if I can go or not), and had some
questions on what usually goes down.

- What distro does everyone usually work with? (I'm mostly comfortable
with Debian distros and trying to get into FreeBSD)
- What's the outcome usually like? How many people usually show up
wanting to install Linux? How many come from Windows background?
- Should I bring anything to a Installfest to help out any? I have a
healthy amount of cables, DVDs (Debian 9 32bit, Linux Mint 18.3 32bit,
FreeBSD 32bit), and some USB thumbs, and some networking gear.

Thanks, hope to meet any of you there!

Andrew