Re: NetGear Routers

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: NetGear Routers
I find that the routers themselves don't seem to change that much, what
changes is the wireless side. I use a netgear r7000 nighthawk, which has
AC radios, but I just shut them off and use it as a basic router. I was
using a cisco wlc until recently, and now am using samsung smart connect
mesh ap's scattered around my house for coverage. Thought is keep the two
technologies separate.

Even an older router with dual-cores, 1-2gb memory, and good quality wired
lan will work well, probably be cheap for a few-year old one, then just do
wireless behind the router in ap modes.

-mb