DD-WRT Routers and Asus RT-N16

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Phillips
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: DD-WRT Routers and Asus RT-N16
I am upgrading my ASUS RT-N16 router, and I am not sure what firmware to
use. The dd-wrt wiki has two suggestions - Mini and Mega.
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N16

I currently have Kong. I know the router has limited NVRAM (32 MB), so I am
not sure which version to use for the upgrade.

I can see from this table (
https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_DD-WRT%3F#File_Versions) that
Mega has everything and the kitchen sink included. Not sure I need all
that. Mini seem sparse. At this point, I only use the device as a router
for my home LAN and a wireless access point. Perhaps there are feature in
Mega I should be using? Looking for advice from anyone who has recently
upgraded dd-wrt on an Asus RT-n16 or similar device!

Thanks!

Mark