Re: Vocational Rehab

+ (text/html)
Author: Mark Phillips
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Vocational Rehab
Perhaps while you are looking for a programming job, you could work on an
open source project as a volunteer. Fix some bugs and start to build a
"portfolio" of programming successes/examples that you can show to
potential employers. No face to face interaction needed, just email. Might
help you decide if you really like programming on your own.

I also agree that the advice to be a web developer is very poor for all the
reasons listed above.

Mark