Re: annotation with gimp

+ (text/html)
Author: Michael Butash
To: Main PLUG discussion list
CC: Doug Nordfors
Subject: Re: annotation with gimp
I've not found a good way to do annotations or any sort of free-form
drawing on Gimp, but I do tend to grab the image and toss it into Visio for
annotations there. There I can use the drawing tools, and stencils like
Callout boxes then to highlight and annotate visually.

There are the web-based visio-ish clones like LucidCharts you could use in
place of visio too. Sadly visio is still a quite useful tool even though
it is on windoze only.

I use Master PDF Editor as well for manipulating PDF's, it's pretty awesome
for that. Under linux it's free for non-commercial use, but windoze they
restrict your saving ability for pay unlock.

-mb