Re: seeking lapblet

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: seeking lapblet
Am 27. Sep, 2017 schwätzte Stephen Partington so:

> This however may be more to your liking?
> http://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-an-open-source-pc-that-can-be-a-laptop-desktop-or-even-tablet/

I really like it and wanted to back it, but that wasn't an option for me
at the time. Crowd-fund campaign completed a year ago, but the company
site says it's still live. Campaign updates say they're still working on
prototypes. I hope they are succssful as I definitely like the idea.

> This also may be more your speed,
> https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/librem-2-in-1-tablet-that-does-not-track-you-laptop-computer#/

That would be cool. Crowd funding ended. Company site says the 2-in-1,
like what I want, is coming soon. EOMA68 with tablet, laptop and desktop
housing would be even better.

https://puri.sm/products/librem-11/

The Purism Librem 5 has been making a lot of news with KDE and GNOME
saying they'll support it.

I definitely like the hardware killswitches for cameras, microphone and
radio. Real airplane mode without all the tinfoil :).

ciao,

der.hans

--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com   https://www.PhxLinux.org
#  "I dream of a world where the truth is what shapes people's politics.