Re: hanging initrds

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: hanging initrds
Am 18. Sep, 2017 schwätzte Michael Butash so:

> I've had to move the initrd's elsewhere when they've filled up /boot as
> well. Move all but one in use and deleting to where ever you have space,
> delete the linux-images gracefully with apt, moving another back when
> deleting it next.
>
> Anymore I give boot a 500mb-1g boot drive because kernels are getting huge,
> I got tired of breaking things with 100-200mb /boot drives across time.

Yeah, I have a couple systems with postage stamp sized boot partitions :(.
They're annoying.

It's like a swap partition, it uses so little space compared to the size
of the hard drive that it's mostly irrelevant.

ciao,

der.hans

> -mb
>

>> Move the old initrds to somewhere that has more space, then reboot and see
>> if anything breaks? dpkg saying that the files are not owned by anything
>> sounds reasonable if they're built dynamically.
>>
>> --
>> Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
>> There is no Darkness in Eternity
>> But only Light too dim for us to see.

# https://www.LuftHans.com https://www.PhxLinux.org
# "It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer."