Re: How to make wireless stay connected? Solved. Thanks!

Author: PLUG-discuss
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: How to make wireless stay connected? Solved. Thanks!
Thanks Brian! I hope they will listen and heed!

Who should I write to in order to politely express my
frustrations about all of the many other changes and
"features" that I wish they would allow users to choose
whether or not to "opt in" to instead of making them
default and forcing them on us?

Sometimes it seems (to me) that many developers keep
trying to make too many things so "feature" laden that
they no longer work in a simple and efficient way.

I have really liked and appreciated Mint Linux, but that
distro seems (to me) to have gotten enormously more complex,
cumbersome, and nuisance-filled ... especially from 17 to 18.

I don't know which is KDE's "fault" and which is Mint's
"fault," but I have been turning off as many of the default
nuisance features as I can figure out how to turn off, but
stuff still keeps jumping all over the screen in the most
annoying ways. I finally figured out how to try to get back
to the "classic" start-up menu (launcher?), but even it
has been cluttered up with new extra nuisance "features"
and decorations so with Mint 18, I cannot get back to the
nice, clean, simple, straightforward list that Mint 17 had:

-- http://www.upquick.com/temp/launcher.jpg --

Also, Mint 18 now has a really goofy looking "start" button
on the bottom left of the panel, even worse and more
meaningless than the "LM" logo button that Mint 17 had.

I wish there was a way I could change that to something
simple like a plain green button or a gold star.

Then there is the annoying gold cashew in the upper right
corner of the screen on 17 changed to a 3-bar "hamburger"
in the upper left corner of the screen in 18 that are
forced upon us and no way to get rid of that clutter.

Why do they insist on forcing these things on us?

What ever happened to Keep It Simple Stupid?