Re: YouTube TV streaming in Phx today ...

+ (text/html)
Author: Eric Oyen
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: YouTube TV streaming in Phx today ...
well, the business internet package from Cox has no such caps. so, I get my 50 Mbits/sec all the time. so far, using ChromeCast, (once I got some help setting it up), we were able to watch a couple of movies, some shows from the various networks and even some live streaming. The live streaming of local news had some issues. to begin with, the room mate complained that the video quality was pretty bad. I guess that's to be expected considering that such news casts are SD only. he wants to go back to the old way. I had to tell him that if he wants cable back, he will have to pay for it. otherwise, if my wallet get used, I have final say in what gets offered. right now, he is stewing about it, but I am liking that I don't have to pay an extra $150 a month for video plus 6 program recording (on a recurring fee btw).

btw, if you want full bandwidth and no caps: call cox business. $79 for 50/5 mbits/sec service with no caps and guaranteed bandwidth isn't bad. just remember to tell them who referred you: eric oyen.

sorry for the shameless plug and referral up there, but I am liking my current internet. no more $250 a month for crap.

-eric