PLUG Meeting topics for Thursday July 13th

+ (text/html)
+ bmbjdaifmonadlci.png (image/png)
Author: Brian Cluff
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: PLUG Meeting topics for Thursday July 13th

PLUG Meeting for July 13th

    We'll have 2 presentations with month.  One from Phil Waclawski on
    Krita held over from last month and the other from der.hans on Asciidoc

*For more info, Meeting time and location see:
http://phxlinux.org/index.php/meetings/14-east-valley-meeting.html**
*
** ****
**

*Phil Waclawski: Krita Basics - Tools, Layers, Coloring etc*

*Description*:
Krita is a powerful painting program, designed for graphic designers and
general artists. I will introduce the basic features it provides, along
with some special filters, including G'mic. I will however not be able
to demonstrate any artistic skills :)

*Biography*:
Phil has been a faculty member, focusing on open source software at MCC
for nearly two decades.
Phil teaches a variety of course, including MySQL Database, PHP, Python,
Javascript, HTML 5 and CSS, Linux OS, Internet Server Set up and more.
This summer, Phil will once again be offering a "MCC Multimedia Madness"
summer camp for 6-8th graders. Over the two weeks I will cover a wide
range of open source software, including GIMP, Inkscape, Krita,
Audacity, Blender, Hydrogen Drum Kit, Tux Guitar, Openshot, Linux
Multimedia Studio, work with green screen and more.
For hobbies, Phil has too many. Blacksmithing, archery, Leatherworking,
Wood Working, Jewelry, Sound Recording/editing and SCUBA diving. Phil is
also learning to play the Bass.
Phil has been using linux at home for desktops and servers since 1994.

*der.hans: AsciiDoc - Plainish text for fancy output*

*Description*:
AsciiDoc is a great text tool for documentation from simple notes to
books. A text editor is all it takes. Since it's all text, AsciiDoc
lends itself to revision control and revision control WebUI systems like
GitLab and GitHub support it.

*Biography*:
der.hans is a technology and entrepreneurial veteran. Roles have
included director of engineering, engineering manager, IS manager,
system administrator, community college instructor, developer and DBA.

In his free time, der.hans endeavors to help build community through
user group and conference leadership. He is chairman of the Phoenix
Linux User Group (PLUG), BoF organizer for the Southern California Linux
Expo (SCaLE) and founder of the Free Software Stammtisch.

He presents regularly at large community-led conferences (SCaLE, SeaGL,
LFNW) and many local groups.

The meeting will start at 7pm at The Desert Breeze Substation. People
start arriving as early as 6pm, so if you would like to help setup
and/or chat for a while, arrive a little early.
*Meeting Location*:
Desert Breeze Substation
251 North Desert Breeze Blvd West
Chandler, AZ 85226

The Desert Breeze Substation is on Chandler Blvd and Desert Breeze Blvd,
which is half way between McClintock and Rural. It is very close to
both the south 202 and 101 freeways. Public transportation is
available into the late hours.

For more information see the meeting information on our web site
<http://phxlinux.org/meetings/14-east-valley-meeting.html>

Contact PLUG:
Email: https://phxlinux.org/index.php/email-lists.html
IRC: https://phxlinux.org/index.php/chat.html
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+PhxlinuxOrg
Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/Phoenix-Linux-Users-Group/
    <https://www.google.com/maps/place/251+Desert+Breeze+Blvd+W,+Chandler,+AZ+85226/@33.3076899,-111.9220921,17z/data=%214m5%213m4%211s0x872b06cdd50c43c7:0x7d3e9c66bdb7f8a2%218m2%213d33.3070191%214d-111.9193025?hl=en>

We will go for food to BJs at the Chandler Fashion Center Mall after the
meeting so we can chat with each other comfortably. Please feel free to
join us. Please come even if you aren't hungry, the food is not mandatory.

See you there,
Brian Cluff