Re: Zire 31 and Linux

Author: Alan Dayley
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Zire 31 and Linux
On Tuesday 28 December 2004 01:13 pm, Vaughn Treude wrote:
> Hello everyone:
> I got a Zire 31 for Christmas. Seems to me there was some discussion a
> while back about synching a Palm on Linux, but that was back in the Palm 7
> era. Google returns too much to be useful, and I could find no references
> to host system software on the palmone website (maybe I'm looking in the
> wrong place.) Can anyone point me to a site or other reference? Thanks!

There are several Linux applications that will synchronize data with a palm
device. You should try a few and use what you like. Lee already suggested
K-pilot. I prefer j-pilot.

Almost all of these applications, however, connect to the computer via
pilot-link. It, or one of the other sync tools, provides the connection
between your palm and your desktop application.

Start here for a good overview of it all:
http://www.redbug.uklinux.net/palm/index.html

Now, that said, I have found that most current distros have this stuff mostly
setup already with GUIs to configure things. Check a few of the things on
the howto and see if your distro already has what you need.

Alan