Alternatively you can use the Server install image, however make sure you adjust your install to turn off the waiting for the network stack if its to boot without network ever.

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 7:56:32 AM MST you wrote:
> I would like to get a CD to  install Ubuntu 18.04. One site offers 12
> CDs of repository files. I know many of you may make your own install
> CDs. I don't have the time so where is the best place to purchase these
> CDs.  Are that many CDs of repository files necessary?

Are you saying you want to make an install disk, or do you want to install off
of CD-ROM (as opposed to DVD-ROM)?

Just a heads up for Ubuntu 18.04, Canonical does not offer a full install CD
image anymore, as they have increased the download size to require at least a
DVD or USB stick.

If you want a CD and not DVD install, you should use the network installer. An
active internet connection is required to use it.

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/netboot/18.04/

A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.

Stephen