I use hostgator for my web sites (lunchspace and elmers (elmers isn’t finished yet…  Hmm, for that matter, neither is lunchspace, but at least lunchspace is deployed ;-))

Anyway, hostgator web comes with email for ‘free’.  IMAP, POP, and webmail available.

And their web hosting ACTUALLY allows using Django, which webhostinghub didn’t do.

Just as a point of info.  (BEWARE if you want to run something like Django that just because a hosting place says they support Python does NOT mean they support adding packages like Django to it!)

From: PLUG-discuss [mailto:plug-discuss-bounces@lists.phxlinux.org] On Behalf Of Matthew Crews
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2018 6:07 AM
To: sesso@djsesso.com; plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org
Subject: Re: OT: New Email Home?

I third with Protonmail, with some caveats. I used paid Google for awhile, but my general distrust for Google these days made me want to move.

Right now Protonmail does not have IMAP support on Linux (they use bridge software which currently is only available on Windows/Mac), so if you want to use it on Linux you are stuck on the web client for now.

Also from a storage/price perspective they are considerably pricier than Google.

You also do not have a complete feature-set compared to Google, such as synced contacts and calendars.

Sent from ProtonMail, Swiss-based encrypted email.