I remember stories of IBM octogenarians showing up to fix things at Luke Air Force Base (heard third hand). Mission critical stuff can REALLY get specification stuck.

Trent.

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 9:39 PM Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 06:54:17 -0500
Matthew Crews <mailinglists@mattcrews.com> wrote:

> Man, Y2K seems like at eternity ago. I knew back then that nothing
> world-ending was going to happen, but I expected there to be major
> hiccups. Thankfully there were only minor hiccups since everyone
> worked their butts off on correcting Y2K bugs.
>
> The year 2038 problem might be a similar result.

In my wildest imagination, I can't conceive of a situation in which 32
bit computers are still used in 2038. And if there are still 32 bit
computers in use, our society probably has much worse problems than a
date flipover could ever produce.

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2017 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive