::::::::::::::

/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/base

::::::::::::::

nameserver 10.0.10.17

::::::::::::::

/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/head

::::::::::::::

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)

#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN

::::::::::::::

/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/tail

::::::::::::::

nameserver 10.0.10.53

::::::::::::::

Which becomes:

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)

#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN

nameserver 10.0.10.17

nameserver 10.0.10.53

(Anything I say on PLUG is from me, not from SmartH..  Surely you don’t need me to say that???  Oh, well, companies want us to be clear, so there you go! J)

Rusty Carruth | Customer Support | rusty.carruth@smarth.com | http://www.smarth.com

# Dynamic resolv.conf(5) file for glibc resolver(3) generated by resolvconf(8)

#     DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN

# 127.0.0.53 is the systemd-resolved stub resolver.

# run "systemd-resolve --status" to see details about the actual nameservers.

::::::::::::::

/etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/tail

::::::::::::::

(END)

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Michael <bmike1@gmail.com> wrote:

I looked into the file (as suggested) and it says not to edit manually.

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Carruth, Rusty <Rusty.Carruth@smartm.com> wrote:

On my Linux boxes (Linux Mint), there is /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d dir which has 3 files:  base, head, tail.

Put ‘nameserver 8.8.8.8’ into base (or tail) and it should always get added to resolv.conf every reboot.  (You might look at all 3 files, my favourite trick for this is:

more /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/*|less

and see what’s in them before you start.)

--